Serving Oahu’s canines and their owners since 2002
“Where the Ability to Move is Considered a Gift”
About Janis Goto
Janis Goto has been working professionally in the health and fitness field since 1984 while attending California State University, L.A. In Honolulu, she has taught classes at the Honolulu Club, Queen Emma Center, University of Hawaii, 25 years at the Kaimuki-Waialae Y.M.C.A. and currently, at her private gym she runs the following classes:
- Conditioning/aerobic classes
- Movement education for children from 1-5 years old.
- Prenatal and postnatal classes, including water work
- Senior exercise
- Strength training
She is one of the core founders of the successful Department of Education Adult School’s “For the Love of Dogs” Obedience Training Program.
She has been a Boxer breeder and participant in AKC Obedience Trials and AKC Conformation Dog Shows where her Boxers won Champion titles along with Nationally ranked Obedience titles.
Her Training credentials and experience include:
- Certified Personal and Group Trainer...AFAA!
- Certified Canine Massage Therapist---Equissage
- CEU courses currently include...
- Healing Touch for Animals, Level 1 and 2
- Healing Touch for Humans, Level 1 and 2 at Pali Momi
- Rolfing Techniques at Esalen Institute, Big Sur, CA,
- Animal Communication Workshop with Bill Northern
- Intensive Feng Shui Course with Alice Inoue
- Arthritis Exercise Workshop
Her most influential past teachers: Gaby, Stoney, Teee, Bomber, J- Man, Rocket, Vander, Junior, E.Z. and George.
Her canine assistant Big BU, who is now 12 years old and assists her in calming many clients during their therapy sessions.